Saturday, September 5, 2009

Discovering faith...

I have lost my faith which I have stated before but I never lost my fascination for it. Today I actually watched EWTN, which is the Global Catholic Network. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. What I enjoyed about the whole experience was the priest did not spew much vigorous "we all almighty and eternal" bullshit rhetoric. It was rather refreshing. They were discussing faith in a rather intelligent and logical way. Saying you either have it or you don't.

I find people who are so devoted (and logical about their faith...not fantical) so interesting. They just believe while I do not and desire much more evidence to believe a little more.

I love to learn the history of the Catholic faith and yes not all of it is pretty but most religious history is not. I find so much beauty in Catholic inspired art and literature, much like I found the beauty in the discussion they were having today. Both priests were so informed and were presenting facts. They weren't hankering for the side of the argument there were just plainly stating what had happened in the past and what people say. It was so refreshing.

I enjoyed myself. These men were just so informed and devoted. I am neither of the two. I think I want to be more informed becuase of this fascination but I am not sure. I would like to study the philosophy and psychology of religion. It is just peaking my interest.

No comments: