Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Attempting to get back on track...

I often feel like I lack passion and creativity. I used to care about writing. I used to want to write. Now, I never write. I don’t even want to. I would love to sit down and write and produce something. I just can’t. I don’t know what it is. I think it’s beyond writer’s block. I do not work in a creative environment. We conform to ridiculous “rules” and regulations regarding words, images, design, etc. After working in such an environment, you no longer have the desire to even try.

So, I sit here and wonder: what can I do? What should I do? Should I just write to write? Do paltry attempts add up to something? Could I product a diamond in the rough? Or maybe a low grade emerald at least?  Do I announce a New Year’s Resolution to WRITE EVERYDAY!?? We all know that resolutions rarely pan out but I itch for change.

As I stare at this familiar screen, I begin to wonder if writing was just a phase. But, isn’t life just a series of phases? Or do constants remain during those phases? Why is everyone so into kale right now? And why do some atheists act more like religious zealots than religious zealots? I have too many questions and not enough answers.

For now, I should take solace in the fact that I wrote something that broke the 200-word mark that was not an irate email.  Yay for me!! 


A final thought: Britney Spears got her life on track after a disastrous few years. I think I can muster up something after a few years of “writer’s block” and lackluster comma usage.

No comments: