Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A few thoughts before Christmas...

At this time of the year, people tend to want to take a look back at the year. Was it a good year or a bad year? Did it contain a lot of momentous occasions, etc? I, on the other hand, want to take a look forward.

For the first time in a long time, I want to plan ahead and do things. This is extremely rare for me. It could be that I am unhappy in my current career trajectory and the only person who can change that is me. I need to decide to what I want to do. Right now, I am very unsure. Am I scared? Heck yeah.

So, as I meddle around and wonder what I will do, I will offer up some some thoughts.

I hope in 2014:

1. People will leave behind bacon and kale as the new food fades. Seriously, quit it.
2. Miley forgets how to twerk.
3. The history channel plays history once again.
4. Idiots will forget how to use social media or have shows on cable and stop spewing hate.
5. I bake more.
6. I see more places across the globe.
7. I see more of my friends.
8. I live more.
9. I love more.
10. I dance more. (Seriously, three times a week is not cutting it right now. :) )

Happy Christmas!!

No comments: