Tuesday, August 19, 2008

the diligent, dutiful daughter...

as the realization of my mother's stroke, hit me, it occurred to me, i will be left to take care of her if she ever has another or gets worse. Yes, I have a father and a brother but...my brother sucks and my father is a busy man. He would quit the government for her but I do not think she would let him.

It is always left up to the daughter....

I finally am starting to have everything I want in life and will i have to leave it all? I am just hypothesizing here but I do not think its fair. I am expected to be the caretaker.

This makes me want to move far away and leave it all behind but I have guilt. I want to make my life and accomplish my goals.

I saw what my mother had to go through caring for my grandmother and my uncle sat idly by and helped occasionally. I do not want to do that. I shouldn't have to. I wouldn't have to abandon my dreams if people were normal; if my brother helped and was a normal human. sad....

No comments: