Saturday, May 3, 2014

OuliPost: Exit Interview


Oulipost Exit Interview: Oulipost Ends Where the Work Begins


Question 1:
What happened during Oulipost that you didn’t expect? What are the best (or worst) moments for you?

My addiction to it. I loved it which was surprising. I felt like a writer again. I was surprised as to how much I loved it and how some of the prompts came naturally to me.

My best moments were any Belle Absent poem we did or a poem that involved using all the letters of the alphabet. It was super fun. The poems involving math really confounded me at times. I found that later in the month I struggled more because it became more difficult to manage my time and...the prompts were harder.


Question 3:
What does your street look like?

Busy. Upscale. Pot-holey. Pretentious with a side of modesty.


Question 4:
Who is your spirit Oulipostian?

Valérie Beaudouin

We almost have the same and she's super cool and brilliant..hello..a whole book on meter and rhyme in verse. I wish was still in grad school...I would use her for my thesis!


Question 5:
What are the top three poems you wrote during this project?

Wow..

Okay..I chose 4. These were hard..but I am pretty proud of these.

1.Quote Cento
2. Headlines
3. Tautogram
4. EPITHALAMIUM


Question 2:
What questions do you have for your teaspoons? What questions do your teaspoons have for you?


Why do I always loose you? Why do you always end up in the garbage disposal? Do you like being plunged into the brown sugar so much? What's your favorite spice?


Why do you us so much? Can you please keep us together on our keyring? We are a teaspoon family.  Can you stop losing us? Do you not like us? We like you. Can you keep us in the brown sugar from now on?

Question 6:

What will you do next?

Well, I am dog sitting in a few weeks. Bask in my pride. In all honesty, I do not know what my next writing adventure will be but I do have a plan for a submission to the Found Poetry Review. And..I am seeing Bill Nye on Sunday.. what??

OuliPost...I am really happy we had a chance to meet.



No comments: