Sunday, March 9, 2014

Oulipost and Me: What have I gotten myself into? (Assignment #1)

*Note: Regular followers of this blog, all 0 of you, please make a note that as of today this blog will exist solely to house a poetry project.

Assignment #1

1. WHAT EXCITES YOU ABOUT OULIPOST?

 Well, I am not sure. After reading about the project, I thought wow..that sounds cool. I may want to do this just to get back into the writer mindset. Now, here I am..typing out Assignment #1. It sounds like a challenge and I like challenges..

2. WHAT, IF ANYTHING, SCARES YOU ABOUT OULIPOST?

Everything. I am not a poet. I am barely a writer I am terrified of the outcome. Forgive me all..you will probably be reading some terrible lines.  Not to mention time constraints, etc. 


3. HAVE YOU WRITTEN EXPERIMENTAL OR FOUND POETRY BEFORE? IF

SO, TELL US ABOUT IT.

Nope, unless you count a found poem I created using an abandoned face wash bottle. 

I am also not entirely sure I fully understand found poetry. I think I view it in a strict..must use only the words you see on the page. I don't know if that's accurate. 


4. WHAT NEWSPAPER WILL SERVE AS YOUR SOURCE TEXT?

The Boston Globe


5. WHO’S YOUR SPIRIT OULIPIAN?

Valérie Beaudouin

We share a last name and she works the web. I am astounded.

No comments: