Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008...the year that made me

2008.
The year that shaped me.
I grew so much this year. I cannot make this flowery or poetic. It is just plain and simple facts. This year was momentous for me both personally and professionally.

I made many self discoveries and accomplished a lot of goals.

The most important thing I did was put myself out there. I am better for it.

I quit my job and started a journey of education and I love it! I found my niche! For once, I am happy with myself and my accomplishments. I did what I set out to do.

But on the personal side of things, good grief. I have not shed so many tears in a while but I have to say they were worth it. Well, most of them were.

so to sum up 2008, I did the following:

finally went full throttle into grad school and even TA
started dating (yes..started..shut it people...)
Quit my job of 6 years
Realized I am stronger than I thought I was
Made some amazing friends and met some intriguing and interesting people
Stepped in the right direction to make myself happy


in 2009 I will try to:
Learn French
Find what makes me even happier
Complete grad school
Travel
Get stronger physically and mentally.

and much more

2008 you were as bad as everyone thought you were...at least not for me.

No comments: