Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014: The year that was not.


2014 brought a lot of love and a lot of sorrow. The first obviously preceded the last. I am happy to turn the page to 2015....as we are almost 20 hours into the new year and I've spent at least 5 of them watching Pride and Prejudice. Oh if Mr. Darcy was real...

Anyway, at 33 years of age, I am not quite at the station in life that I desire. This year I went from believing I was going to spend the rest of my life with someone to realizing that was not going to happen and I was once again alone. It's a lonely life. The loneliness is tangible and not many people understand how difficult consistently being alone can be. I have friends but none are close by. I participate in a extracurricular activities and solo activities to keep myself "busy" but I am alone most of the time.

I've made changes to live a happier, healthier and more positive life. I have a more positive outlook than I did before but I am not completely healed. I wonder when I will feel whole again. 

Along with an earth shattering break-up, I also experienced a freak illness. Granted it did not require hospitalization but I did go through a lot of tests and doctor visits. It came to light that I have food allergies. They are random and inhibit my consumption of some of my favorite foods. I am still getting the hang of modifying my eating habits but like everything else, I am working on it. I can't say it's been easy. I feel better, thank goodness. 

With all the ups and the many downs of 2014, I want 2015 to be filled with light, happiness, adventures and most of all love and healing. 

I will make some proclamations about the coming year.
  1. I will bake more and write about it. I've baked so much over the past few months and I have not chronicled it. 
  2. I will own a dog. It will be the cutest, sweetest, bestest pup in all the land.
  3. I will own a home. It will be the cutest, prettiest home in all the land. 
  4. I will write more. I actually wrote last year...remember..I wrote cool poems. :)
  5. I will have more happy. 
Goodbye 2014...you've taught me a great deal. 


No comments: